My name Is Adam Harper and this blog is for my Mass Media and Politics Class. In this blog I will discuss the Major news stations effects on the political realm
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Social Media?
By this point, everyone knows President Obama has sent several threats to ISIS. Well this time I am just plane baffled at how far things have gone. Its been said that ISIS is winning the debate and gaining to many young Muslims support. The solution: Social Media. ISIS is apparently very active on most social networking sites, especially Twitter. The writer that I acquired this information from actually held interviews with social networking companies, including twitter. Twitter informed the writer that they would not take down any information or any tweets that terrorist groups published. Why this is the case, i do not know. I wouldn't imagine this would be there business strategy so i do not see what harm it would do. I think the only way to get twitter to stop allowing this publicity from ISIS is by the use of the presidential power of the "Bully Pulpit." By using this the president can essentially, in most instances, act with whatever power he so desires. I hope that twitter will realize soon that they are a great danger to the safety of America and I hope Obama realizes what steps he has to take in the direction of twitter to rid this outlet for ISIS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment