Monday, September 22, 2014

Shoulder to Shoulder

This is potentially one of the nicer posts you will see on here regarding my thoughts around the ISIS controversy. Recently the footage of the murder of David Haines from the United Kingdom has been released. Mr. Haines was murdered by an IS militant and following this President Obama made a statement regarding the steps that the United states would take and the impact we are going to have on this event.He announced that the United States would stand "shoulder to shoulder" with the United Kingdom through the midst of this adversity and trial. Particularly I do not agree with most foreign policy decisions that our President makes but this is a rare circumstance where i believe he is making the better decision. We have given the UK our word that we would be there for them in a time of war by being an ally, and that is exactly what were are following through with in this instance. Although, I do not believe this is the best time for us to be fighting other peoples battles for them, I am proud of the way we have responded in honoring our commitments.

3 comments:

  1. Since the murder of Mr. Haines and the "shoulder to shoulder" stance that the United States and United Kingdom took, France has decided to join the coalition of forces operating air strikes inside Syria.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/25/us-syria-crisis-idUSKCN0HJ1H120140925
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/27/obama-us-isis-syria-iraq-coalition-kurds-jets-strike
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/refugees-flee-islamic-state-bid-to-claim-strategic-town-as-airstrikes-expand/2014/09/26/332a73f2-4570-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html

    This addition to the "shoulder to shoulder" stance that these countries are taking is a steadfast stance in committing to defeat the threat posed by ISIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,
    Thanks for the updated information provided here. I wasn't completely aware of this and it is very insightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,

    I agree the extremism of ISIS is something that like I have never seen before. I definitely agree with the President's stance that we need to take a stand against ISIS. I applaud Britain in there fight against this abomination also.

    ReplyDelete